When it comes to planning a holiday in New Zealand, finding the best deals always makes for a better experience. Travelling can be an expensive activity and the chance to save money is readily sort after by many tourists. This is especially true when hiring transport. Fortunately, there are dozens of cheap rental car companies located around New Zealand. The self drive method of getting around New Zealand is hugely popular – it offers travellers the freedom and flexibility they need to discover the many treasures home to New Zealand.
To begin your search for cheap rental cars in New Zealand you will need to take the time to see which companies are available. Try not to be overwhelmed by the huge selection of options in front of you – New Zealand is among one of the top travelling destinations in the world, thus the range of tourist related business services available is vast.
If you haven’t hired a vehicle before, we recommend you take note of the following points when reviewing a few of the many cheap rental car companies available.
– Check if the company has the New Zealand Qualmark logo, which is New Zealand tourism’s official quality indicator. This denotes a trustworthy and professional business. Just because you are looking for cheap rental cars to drive around New Zealand doesn’t mean you are limited to dodgy vehicle hire companies.
– Make sure 24 hour roadside assistance is offered. There is nothing worse than the feelings of anxiety that come with a potential break down.
– If you are from a non-English speaking country, note that you require an accurate English translation of your license or an International Driving Permit for driving in New Zealand.
– To hire a vehicle in New Zealand drivers must be at least 21 years old and have held a full licence for 2 years or more.
– You will likely require a deposit when booking a vehicle. A credit card bond may also be required; this will be taken on initiation of the hire and released at the termination of the hire providing the vehicle is returned without damage.
– Look for hidden / extra costs such as insurance, accessories and drop off charges.
These above points will help you narrow down a vehicle hire company that meets your needs and is favourable to your travelling budget. The next step will be to select a vehicle from their economy or budget range – think about how many people will be travelling with you and how much space you will require for luggage.
You will soon discover that a holiday to New Zealand doesn’t have to include spending a fortune on car hire.